Happy Days Quilting

A blog about Applique and Quilting

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Work in Progress

Just a quick post, I am trying to finish this quilt by the 25 April, to enter it in a Quilting Gallery competition, the quilts have to be flying geese ones and I'm hoping that my border geese will qualify it.



There's an awful lot of quilting to do, I found a lovely feather ish motif to fit into the geese that I'd love to be able to sew soon, no idea yet how I'm going to quilt the applique in the border yet thou.

This post is linking up with Freshly Pieced and Ester's Blog.

Happy Sewing!


This post is linked

8 comments:

Jane said...

Your quilting is beautiful. Are you a long-armer?

happydaysquilting said...

No Jane, I quilt on my domestic sewing machine, this quilt is 50x50 and I've decided that's as big as I want to go at the moment, it has been a challenge to move around when quilting the feathers etc. All of my quilts are wall hangings thou so no worries :)

Cathy said...

The feathers in your geese are wonderful. And beautifully done, as well.

Lynette said...

It is turning out so nicely. :) Yay!! Get it finished in time so I can vote for it!

Ivory Spring said...

The quilting is absolutely gorgeous!

Esther Aliu said...

Looks fabulous, good luck!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love the feather quilting, this is just beautiful!

Mary said...

Patricia, your quilting is really progressing beautifully! Nicely done!